The Underwater Glider User Group was established succeeding the U.S. Underwater Glider Workshop in January 2017.
The overarching goal of an Underwater Glider User Group is to establish a forum that encourages sharing and cooperation in the following areas:
- Share experiences related to glider and glider sensor technology
- Communicate the most recent science and monitoring objectives accomplished using gliders
- Share approaches to logistical and operational challenges
- Compare approaches to glider data handling, including quality control, formats, and distribution
- Provide a means for ongoing communication about opportunities and needs for gliders
- Collect, develop, vet and communicate recommendations on best practices to a growing glider community and a developing national glider network.